DIY Essential Oil Eye Serum Recipe
What is the goal of an eye serum? To firm your eyes, decrease wrinkles, and reduce bags and dark circles under your eyes. RIGHT!? No one wants to look in the mirror and be reminded of a racoon or think, “OMG, it looks like I haven’t slept in DAYS!”
NOPE. Not me. Time to say BYE BYE to sad eyes and HELLO to bright eyes.
One celebrity secret is argan oil, but you definitely do not have to be a celebrity to take advantage of this one. It is non-greasy and non-irritating, which makes it a great natural moisturizer to hydrate and soften skin and reduce the visibility of wrinkles. SIGN ME UP! With its high vitamin E and fatty acid content, argan oil is ideal to give skin a natural boost. YES. PLEASE.
Almond oil is very popular in Southeast Asia and in the Mediterranean region where the almond tree was first domesticated. It has gained huge popularity in the beauty industry. Here are two of the main reasons I like to use it: first, it creates smooth skin and second, it reduces dark circles under the eyes. According to an article released by “Natural Living Ideas,” some see reduced dark circles in as little as two weeks after applying under the eyes regularly.
Essential oil benefits.
- Sacred Sandalwood is very similar to Frankincense. Calming and soothing. Provides a youthful appearance to your skin.
- Blue tansy is a rare botanical in the chamomile family. It has become celebrated for its use in luxury skin care products. Contains skin-cleansing and moisturizing benefits.
- Geranium promotes healthy, clear, glowing skin.
- Frankincense is popular for its ability to maintain radiant skin and to smooth the look of healthy skin.
- Lemon contains antioxidants and is refreshing, cleansing, and beneficial to skin.
EYE SERUM RECIPE
100ml dropper jar/bottle
50ml Almond oil
50ml Argan oil
3 drops Blue tansy or 3 drops Sacred Sandalwood
10 drops Geranium
10 drops Frankincense
5 drops Lemon - Add only for a nighttime eye serum as Lemon oil can cause sun sensitivity.
Fill 100ml container with Almond and Argan oil.
Add in essential oils and mix.
Use ring finger to apply under eyes in am and pm.