Vapor Rub with Young Living Pure Essential Oils
Even though as I write this it is not the middle of winter time where we typically need help with congestion relief I am getting prepared!
I find that even in Spring we tend to get a stuffy nose, congested and even coughing and trouble with sleep cause we are having trouble with our airways. My favourite springtime relief blend is 5 drops peppermint, 5 drops lavender and 5 drops lemon pure essential oils in a 10ml roller bottle and fill with carrier oil.We find during the changes of seasons my little guy gets snotty and suffers and this blend (we dilute it more for him) helps him with a blocked nose.
I use this generic recipe for all sorts of rubs however - so sore muscles, clearing the nose and even for a good night sleep - and who doesn't need that every night ! Check out my blog post on sleep (or lack of as a mum)
Here is my basic recipe:
1. Add 2 Tablespoons of beeswax to a heat safe glass bowl - I use this one with measurements on it.
2. Melt the beeswax over simmering water to melt the beeswax. Stir occasionally as it melts.
3. Add 1/2 cup of coconut oil
4. Stir occasionally as they both melt completely - this may take around 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
6. Add your essential oils - around a 3% (adult use) dilution is approximately 50 drops of your choice of oils.
7. Pour into an airtight container - makes around 120 -150 ml
8. Clean Up - I wipe out with paper towels first for my utensils and container then pop in the dishwasher.
9. Allow your mix to cool and solidify before you put the lid on.
Oil Blend Ideas:
- 20 drops peppermint, 20 drops eucalyptus radiata, 15 drops lemon and 15 drops of lavender.
20 drops lemon, 20 drops lavender and 20 drops melaleuca (tea tree).
- 20 drops panaway and 20 drops copiaba
- 40 drops raven - I love this powerhouse for hubby and I when we are sniffly.